Effective Date: February 25, 2021
Since 1987, Specialty’s Café and Bakery, Inc. (“Specialty’s”) has been building relationships with our customers based on respect and integrity. We appreciate the trust and confidence you place in us when you visit our website and when you do business with us.
RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION
What We Mean–Definitions
- Personal Information: by “Personal Information”, we generally mean information that can reasonably be associated with you or that indirectly or directly identifies you, or that can directly identify you, such as your name, delivery and/or billing address, e-mail address, phone number, and credit card information.
- Browsing Information: by “Browsing Information”, we generally mean information about your use of the Site, or your computer’s (or other access device, such as a smartphone) interaction with the Site. Browsing Information also includes all of the information described in the “Information Collected Automatically—Browsing Information” section below. In general, Specialty’s does not use Browsing Information to identify you, but such information may be paired with Personal Information, or with other information that together, could be used to identify you. Additionally, third parties, such as analytics companies and advertising service providers may access, collect, store, and use Browsing Information, and they may use it to identify you and/or in connection with Personal Information.
- Disclose: by “Disclose” (or variations thereof, such as Disclosures) we collectively mean transfer, share, disclose, provide access to, use, combine, verify, store, sell, and rent.
How We Use Personal Information and Browsing Information
We and our business associates use Personal Information and Browsing Information for a variety of purposes, including the following:
- To help provide you with a smooth, efficient shopping experience that is tailored to you. For example, to:
- help you quickly find information, products, and services;
- make the Site easier for you to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information;
- provide you with information about your order history
- help create content that is customized to your particular preferences or interests; and make third party offers of products and/or services more relevant to you.
- To alert you to Specialty’s and third party products, services, and promotional offers that may be of interest to you, through email, direct mail or other methods of delivery, such as mobile content delivery programs.
- To allow you to participate in trusted store or similar programs, subscription services, rewards programs or other membership programs that we offer or participate in with business affiliates. This may involve collecting and disclosing Personal Information (including your order details) for purposes such as allowing third parties to track which of their members visit or use the Site (for example, to obtain purchase protection or to earn points or discounts for purchases made on our Site through links from the partner site).
- To announce and disclose the names, and cities and states, of winners of contests, sweepstakes, and promotions.
- To fulfill and deliver your order, to process your payments, and to communicate with you about your order (including by SMS or other means consistent with our Terms of Service) and to provide customer service.
- To assist in marketing efforts, including, for example, by tailoring and serving advertisements, and by tracking the effectiveness of marketing efforts.
- To operate the Site and to improve Site content, layout and design, and vendor selection.
- To monitor the usage and performance of the Site and to conduct system administration and system troubleshooting.
Personal Information and Browsing Information collected while you use our Site may be combined with information we collect by other means, including, for example, information related to your purchases or other activities in our retail locations, and information provided in calls or emails to us.
In addition to the uses described above, we also use Personal Information and Browsing Information to help us determine which areas of our Site are most popular so we can enhance the experience of Site visitors. We may aggregate certain Browsing Information or Personal Information so that it does not relate to any specific Site visitor (“aggregate information”) in order to detect, analyze, and describe patterns of Site usage. Browsing Information and aggregate information can provide an overview of our Site users' characteristics, demographics, and collective viewing, search and shopping habits. We use such information, and share it with our vendors, business partners (including advertising partners) and other third parties for purposes such as: tailoring Site and email content and services for individual users and recipients; conducting targeted advertising; offering promotions and discounts; and to offer third party products and services.
The Information We Collect
Information We Affirmatively Collect From You—Personal Information
In general, when we collect Personal Information about you on the Site, you are asked to affirmatively provide the information or to take some action—such as in registering an account, or placing an order—on or through the Site or Mobile Services. Other information you affirmatively provide, such as about your preferences (e.g., specific products you like), and demographic information (e.g., gender, age, or income range) is generally maintained along with Personal Information. You can choose not to provide any information that is affirmatively requested of you, however, this may limit your ability to use the Site. For example, you must provide certain information about you in order to access all of the Site’s features, to obtain promotional or email offers, to create wish lists or gift registries, to participate in special or loyalty programs (including gift certificates) through the Site, to write and share product reviews, to enter contests or sweepstakes, or to place an order on the Site.
Depending on the purpose, we may ask you to provide different categories of Personal Information. For example, if you place an order, we may ask you to provide information including your name, phone number, email address, delivery and billing addresses, zip code and credit card information.
In addition to collecting information on the Site, we may collect information from you when you visit one of our stores, or communicate with us over the phone or e-mail. This information may include Personal Information and other information such as your name, billing and delivery address, e-mail address, phone number, purchase history, gift card usage, and participation in events and promotions that we offer. This information may be matched with, and stored in connection with Personal Information provided or collected in connection with the Site.
Information Collected Automatically—Browsing Information
When you visit our Site, we automatically collect what we refer to as Browsing Information about you.
Browsing Information includes certain information that is automatically sent by, or collected from, your computer, web browser, and/or other device used to access the Site. This may include information such as your computer’s IP address, unique device identifier associated with the device you use to access the Site, the URL of the webpage you visited before coming to the Site and when exiting the Site, the location from which you (or your computer or access device) accesses the Site, and information about your computer or browser type and settings (such as your browser version, language settings). We also may collect or access information associated with cookies or other Tracking Technologies, as further described in our “Cookies and Tracking Technologies Used on the Site” section below.
Browsing Information also includes certain information about your use of the Site, such as the pages and services you click on or access on the Site, the data you or your computer or access device transfers to or receives from the Site, session information (such as page response times), click-stream data and other information about the unique way in which you use the Site. This information can allow us to record and understand the precise way in which you interact with the Site in any particular visit, including each of the webpages you visit, and the manner in which you engage with each webpage (e.g., where you move your cursor, what you scroll through, what searches you run and products you view, etc.). Browsing Information also includes preference data, such as search and purchase information and other preference-related information that you submit to the Site (such as the ingredients and products you prefer).
Cookies and Tracking Technologies Used on the Site
Cookies are small files that are stored on your computer or other device that you use to access this Site. The Site uses two kinds of cookies, in both the first and third party form: session ID and persistent cookies. A session ID cookie generally expires when you close your browser, while a persistent cookie remains on your computer for an extended period of time. Persistent cookies can generally be removed by following directions provided in your Internet browser's "help" file, and your browser may offer you settings to reject cookies; we are not able to guarantee that any particular browser’s instructions or settings will work properly. If you enact settings to reject cookies, or if you delete cookies, you may not be able to access or use some portions and features of the Site.
Cookies are used for a variety of purposes, including to enable you to select, place and purchase products in our shopping cart, to make it easier for you to navigate the Site (such as by storing your Personal Information, so you don't have to enter that information more than once), and enhance your shopping experience. Cookies are also used to track the number of times users have visited the Site, to determine and analyze their use of the Site, to store information that they provide (such as preferences), to store technical information useful for interactions with the Site, and to track the number of visitors to the Site. Cookies are utilized to collect Browsing Information, including the information described in the “Information Collected Automatically—Browsing Information” section above.
The Site also may use other technologies including but not limited to web beacons and locally shared objects, to collect, process, and store Personal Information and Browsing Information (all, along with cookies, are collectively referred to as “Tracking Technologies”), and for any of the purposes that cookies are used for. Web beacons—sometimes called single-pixel gifs or action tags—assist in delivering cookies and allow us to collect Browsing Information about Site users. Web beacons may also be included in emails in order to determine whether the emails have been opened and acted upon. Locally shared objects—sometimes called Flash cookies—collect and hold more data than cookies and are stored differently on your computer. Locally shared objects may not be deleted, or prevented, through the use of browser settings or controls. For more information about locally shared objects, including instructions on how to control or delete them, review information provided by Adobe in connection with Flash technology you use.
Use and Collection of Geolocation Data
The Site may collect and use your location information (for example, by using the GPS on your mobile device) to provide certain functionality of our Service. We may also use your location information in an aggregate way, as described above in the “Aggregated Information” section.
Email Communications That We Send; Consent to Electronic Notice of Breaches
We may send you, or you may elect to sign up to receive, emails from us. To help us understand whether we are providing information of interest to you, we may include software code or other Tracking Technologies in our emails to monitor whether you opened a particular email, whether you have clicked on the images and/or links in the email, the date and time the message was opened, and whether your computer is capable of receiving HTML-based email.
We endeavor to allow you to unsubscribe at any time from our email programs by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email message. We reserve the right to send you service announcements or similar administrative messages (for example, if we need to temporarily suspend the Site for maintenance), without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. In addition, because we must communicate with you about orders that you have placed, you cannot opt out of receiving emails relating to your orders.
Your Right to Access and Update Personal Information
You can view some of the Personal Information that we maintain about you and your account by logging into your account on www.specialtys.com
and viewing the My Account section. You can update certain information about your account, such as your delivery or billing address information, email address, and phone number by clicking the Edit Account Settings link within the My Account section, however, we may still possess and maintain records that do not reflect any updates that you provide in this manner.
Not all Personal Information is maintained in a manner that can be accessed or updated by you. For example, Personal Information that we collect and maintain independent of the Site—for example, that you provide in a retail location or over the phone—generally is not directly accessible to you. Additionally, we generally do not maintain Browsing Information in a manner that can be accessed or updated by you.
Security and Passwords
Specialty’s takes what it believes to be commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect Personal Information. However, since no security system is impenetrable and "perfect security" does not exist on the Internet, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information or Browsing Information. In addition, any information you include in a product review or post to any message board, discussion group, or other public posting area on the Site is available to anyone with Internet access.
If you create an account on the Site, you may be asked to choose a password for your account, which can be used to access information associated with your account (including Personal Information). You should choose a password that is not easy to guess and does not use words that you would find in a dictionary. Do not disclose your password to any other person. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, and we will attribute activities that occur using your account information (e.g., through the use of your password) to you. If you suspect that your password has been compromised, change it immediately, or contact us at via the rapid response page on www.specialtys.com
or by texting 415-523-8992.
Links To Other Sites
The Site contains links to third party websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of any other website. If you visit any third party website, or provide any personal information to such site, you are not submitting that information to us, and we have no control over the website’s privacy practices. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Site, and to familiarize themselves with the privacy statements of all websites that they visit and interact with.
Children's Privacy and Note to Parents and Guardians
Your California Privacy Rights
Persons with disabilities may obtain this notice in alternative format upon request by contacting us at the Contact Us page on the website or writing us at 645 Ellis St, Mountain View, CA 94043
California Shine the Light
Residents of the State of California have the right to request information from us regarding other companies to whom we have disclosed certain categories of information during the preceding year for those companies’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Specialty’s Support, 645 Ellis St, Mountain View, CA 94043.
California Consumer Privacy Act
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides California residents with rights to receive certain disclosures regarding the collection, use, and sharing of “Personal Information,” as well as rights to know/access, delete, and limit sharing of Personal Information. The CCPA defines “Personal Information” as “information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.” Certain information we collect may be exempt from the CCPA because it is considered public information (i.e., it is made available by a government entity) or covered by a specific federal privacy law, such as the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, or the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
To the extent that we collect Personal Information that is subject to the CCPA, that information, our practices, and your rights are described below.
Right to Notice at Collection Regarding the Categories of Personal Information Collected
You have the right to receive notice of the categories of Personal Information we collect, and the purposes for which those categories of Personal Information will be used. This notice should be provided at or before the time of collection. The categories we use to describe the information are those enumerated in the CCPA.
We collect your name, phone number, and email address and contact address when you create an account, fill out a web form. or complete a transaction with us. If you choose to create an account, you will also be asked to create a username, and we will assign one or more unique identifiers to your profile. We use this information to provide the Services, respond to your requests, and send information and advertisements to you.
We collect your social media handle and basic account information when you interact with our Services through social media.
We collect a unique numerical identifier, assigned to you by a first-party cookie, automatically when you use our Services in order to identify you, provide the Services, keep you logged in to the Services, prevent fraud, and provide you with targeted information and offers.
We collect your IP address automatically when you use our Services. We use this information to identify you, gauge online activity on our website, measure the effectiveness of online services, applications, and tools, and serve targeted advertisements based on your online activities.
We collect your Device ID automatically when you use our Services. We use this information to monitor your use and the effectiveness of our Services, to identify you, and to provide you with targeted information and offers.
- Protected Classifications:We collect your age in order to comply with laws that restrict collection and disclosure of personal information belonging to minors. We do not collect your gender, race, ethnic origin, disability status, and sexual orientation. We use this information to measure the appeal and effectiveness of our Services with members of particular groups, and to provide you with targeted information, advertisements and offers.
- Commercial Information:We collect payment information when you provide it to us to complete a transaction. You have the option to store this information to your account or set up a recurring transaction. We use this information to streamline and facilitate payments and transactions. When you engage in transactions with us, we create records of goods or services purchased or considered, as well as purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. We use this information to measure the effectiveness of our Services and to provide you with targeted information, advertisements and offers.
- Biometric Information:We do not collect information about your physiological, biological, and behavioral characteristics.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information:We collect information about your browsing history, search history, information regarding your interaction with websites, and applications or advertisements automatically when you utilize our Services. We use this information to gauge online activity on our website, measure the effectiveness of online services, applications, and tools, and to serve targeted advertisements based on your online activities.
- Geolocation Data: As described above, we collect your IP address automatically when you use our Services. We may be able to determine your general location based on the IP address. When you use the Services for the first time, we ask for your permission to collect your precise location (e.g., your GPS coordinates). If you allow your device to provide us with this information, we use it to make improvements to our products and services, and to provide recommendations and deliver relevant advertising.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information:If you contact us via phone, we may record the call. We will notify you if a call is being recorded at the beginning of the call. We collect your photographic or video image when you visit our locations. We use this information to monitor our customer service, maintain the security of our systems and physical locations, and train employees. >
- Professional or employment-related information:We do not collect professional or employment-related information about you>
- Education Information:We do not collect education information about you.
- Inferences drawn to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences or characteristics:We may analyze your actual or likely preferences through a series of computer processes. On some occasions, we may add our observations to your internal profile. We use this information to gauge and develop our marketing activities, measure the appeal and effectiveness of our Services, applications, and tools, and to provide you with targeted information, advertisements, and offers.
We may use any of the categories of information listed above for other business or operational purposes compatible with the context in which the Personal Information was collected.
Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or Sold
Right to Know/Access Information
You have the right to request access to Personal Information collected about you and information regarding the source of that information, the purposes for which we collect it, and the third parties and service providers with whom we share it. You may submit such a request as described below. To protect our customers’ Personal Information, we are required to verify your identify before we can act on your request.
Right to Request Deletion of Information
You have the right to request in certain circumstances that we delete any Personal Information that we have collected directly from you. You may submit such a request as described below. To protect our customers’ Personal Information, we are required to verify your identify before we can act on your request. We may have a reason under the law why we do not have to comply with your request, or why we may comply with it in a more limited way than you anticipated. If we do, we will explain that to you in our response.
How to Submit a Request
You may submit a request to exercise your rights to know/access or delete your Personal Information through any one of these means:
- By filling out a Consumer Data Request Form available here.
- By writing us at 645 Ellis St, Mountain View, CA 94043
In order to process your request to know/access or delete Personal Information we collect, disclose, or sell, we must verify your request. We do this by:
- Asking you to
- provide personal identifiers we can match against information we may have collected from you previously; and
- confirm your request using the email account stated in the request;
You may authorize another individual or a business registered with the California Secretary of State, called an authorized agent, to make requests on your behalf. We require that you and the individual complete notarized affidavits in order to verify the identity of the authorized agent and confirm that you have authorized them to act on your behalf. Parents of minor children may submit a birth of the child certificate in lieu of an affidavit, in order to make requests on the child’s behalf.
Right to Opt Out of Sale of Personal Information to Third Parties
You have the right to opt out of any sale of your Personal Information to third parties. To “sell” information means to disclose it to a company for monetary or other benefit. A company may be considered a third party either because the purpose of sharing is not an enumerated business purpose under California law, or because our contract does not restrict them from using Personal Information for other purposes. We sell the following information:
- Commercial Information. We provide information about your commercial transactions to our advertising partners.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information. We provide information about your Internet or other electronic network activity information to our online advertising partners.
- Inferences drawn to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences or characteristics. We provide our observations about you to our advertising partners.
Right to Information Regarding Participation in Data Sharing for Financial Incentives
You have the right to be free from discrimination based on your exercise of your CCPA rights. We may run promotions from time to time whereby we incentivize a consumer to share certain pieces of information with us; for example, we may offer a one-time discount if consumers sign up for our email marketing list. Participation in these incentives is voluntary, and you may opt out of the data sharing at any time.
Governing Law; Visitors Residing Outside the United States
If you have any remaining questions about how we treat your privacy, just let us know. You can contact us by writing to the Contact Us page on www.specialtys.com.